Our occupational therapists are qualified health professionals who works with people of all ages experiencing muscular or neural limitations affecting all aspects of their life. This may include taking care of oneself and others, working, volunteering, participating in hobbies, interests and social events.
The occupational therapy process is based on an initial assessment with possible follow-up assessments involving interviews with the client, observations in a variety of settings and consultation with significant people in the client’s life. These assessments include:
- Equipment prescriptions and reports
- Functional capacity
- Falls risk prevention
- Home modifications
- Return to work plans and workplace assessments
- Pain management
The results from the assessment, form the basis of the therapy plan, equipment prescription, or environmental modification, that will allow for the short and long-term aims of the therapy required.
We provide professional assessment reports to a variety of partners including NDIS, WorkCover and Department of Veteran Affairs. We also make recommendations and prescriptions for appropriate equipment to improve people’s lives and provide them with greater independence. Progress reports towards goal achievement can also be supplied.
Where required, interventions are designed to facilitate the performance of everyday tasks and adaptation of settings in which a person works, lives, and socialises.
Our therapists will also seek out the cooperation and coordination of other medical or allied health professionals, families, social supports and volunteers to ensure a holistic approach in achieving the goals of the therapy plan.
Equipment prescription refers to adaptive equipment to assist people of all ages to manage everyday tasks in the home, school or workplace such as:
- Mobility aids like wheelchairs and 4-wheel walkers
- Manual handling and transfer aids such as hoists
- Positioning supports such as back supports or cushions
- Ergonomic equipment for home, school or office
- Bathroom aids such as long handled shower brushes
- Long handled dressing and grooming aids
- Kitchen aids
If a client requires modifications to their home or their workplace, our therapists will visit the location, interview the client, family, work colleagues, or social supports to determine what those modifications are to be. The review will take into consideration the existing environment and how best this can be adapted to allow the client to live and or work, with greater ease.
For agency, plan-managed or self-managed participants, we aid with:
- Prescription for assistive technology
- Home modifications design and recommendation
- Disability aid and equipment supply
- Occupational therapy home services
- MOllii Exopulse Suit therapy
- Laser therapy
You can pay for our services through any of the following:
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Health plan from your general practitioner (GP)
- Private health insurance
- Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA)