MOllii Exopulse Suit
MOllii Exopulse Suit
The MOllii Exopulse Suit is an assistive technology with a unique application for people with spasticity, motor impairment, increased or decreased muscular tension, mobility issues and muscular pain. MOllii may also help with improving balance when upright as well as improving a user’s range of motion. It can be used by people who have:
- Cerebral palsy
- Spinal injuries
- Acquired brain injury
- Other neurological injuries
- Issues sleeping
- Chronic pain
MOllii is a functional garment consisting of a pair of pants, a jacket and a computer-controlled unit which sends electrical signals to the muscles via electrodes in the garment. The suit is programmed via the control unit by the therapist to target “problem areas” of a client’s body. A low-level current, targets the muscles that have movement problems or stiffness so that the “problem” muscles can relax and move more freely or be stimulated to help the user obtain greater range in their movement.
When worn, the electrodes send a low-level electro-stimulation to the targeted areas at which time the user will feel a slight “tingling” or “buzzing”. Treatment using MOllii may aid with:
- Relieving pain associated with any mobility issues resulting from above listed conditions
- Improving the user’s range of motions previously limited by mobility issues resulting from above listed conditions
- Improving memory
- Relieving tiredness and fatigue
- Improving sleep patterns
- Maintaining or increasing range of motion
- Relaxation of spastic muscles
- Activation or re-education of muscles
- Increasing local blood circulation
[The suit is designed to be worn in the home or clinic. It can be used every day to several times a week. The firm pressure applied through the material helps the brain to block out extra information in the environment. The user is then able to focus on information they choose to, which can provide a calming effect.
Suncoast Integrated Therapies is the only licensed provider for MOllii suits on the Sunshine Coast.
For agency, plan-managed or self-managed participants, we aid with:
- Prescription for assistive technology
- Home modifications design and recommendation
- Disability aid and equipment supply
- Occupational therapy home services
- MOllii Exopulse Suit therapy
- Laser therapy
You can pay for our services through any of the following:
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Health plan from your general practitioner (GP)
- Private health insurance
- Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA)
Read and view our MOllii testimonials here.
Read more here about research conducted using MOllii.